Microsoft is launching Cortana Xiaona update for Android devices, adding a new home screen interface and interface similar to Microsoft’s Skype and Outlook applications. It is bolder and more colourful.
Microsoft has also added Cortana’s access to the “playing” interface of the phone, so you don’t need to open the full Cortana app to control the music being played. You can also quickly access emails and reminders directly from the Cortana homepage using the new button you add.
Cortana offers the following features:
- Bring your personal assistant to your phone to help you keep track of important content anytime, anywhere.
- Set a reminder on your PC to extract some content from the store, and when you arrive, she will alert you on your phone.
- Answer the call on your mobile phone, she will notify you on your computer and send you a reply text.
- If traffic jams and you need to leave early for a meeting, Cortana will support you.
- If you need to find a quick answer or message on a flight or package, you can check it out.
To download Cortana on the Google Play Store, click here.
It’s worth noting that Cortana has been removed from the Apple App Store and the major Android app stores, for unknown reasons.